Optimar is one of the world's leading innovation companies in robotization and automation technology within the fishing and aquaculture industries.
Mechanical Design Engineer
Optimar is currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team in Vigo (Spain). We are a leading company designing and manufacturing solutions for the food industry, in particular fish processing equipment for onboard and onshore factories.
- Responsible for the right development of mechanical designs according with project requirements
- To interpret project layout and specification into final design layout and conveyor data list
- It will cover the creation of assembly drawings, detail part drawings, 3D models, and bills of material to meet special inquiry and order requirements for both standard and non-standard products per company standards, practices, and procedures
- Collaboration with the electrical and software technical office to achieve the complete project compliance
- Technical support to Sales when it is necessary
- Expertise in the structural design of tools & Industrial Machinery (calculations, analysis...)/ seniority needed in calculations
- Piping and general mechanical design systems and Finite elements analysis FEA
- Mechanical Engineering Graduate / Technical Industrial design degree or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of experience in mechanical design, background in food industry sector, automated machinery would be an advantage
- Extensive knowledge of 3D CAD software, Autodesk Inventor preferred
- Desirable knowledge in pneumatics
- English language, advanced level
- Knowledge of others languages would be an advantage
- Broad knowledge in designing machinery for food industry
- Good interpersonal skills
- Hands-on attitude
- Team Player
- Results Oriented
- Open minded
- Ability to Analyse
- Trustworthy and commited
- Communication, skills both in English and Spanish
- Proactiveness and leadership aptitudes are desirable
What we can offer you:
- Good economic conditions and career path evolution with salary revision
- Flexible working hours
- Great work environment
- Immediate incorporation into a solid industrial group.
- International environment.